Theme for Fall 2015: Transgressive Cross-Currents in Film Programming: West Berlin and NYC, 1968-1989
Our weekly film screening series is back for fall quarter! Join us as we screen films specially curated by our graduate students. From this quarter's curator: "I will be exhibiting films based on my summer research in New York City and Berlin, where I unearthed programming calendars and schedules to see what films took art-house audiences by storm during this pivotal period of changing sexual and gender politics."
- September 30: Viktor und Viktoria (1933, Reinhold Schünzel) WITH OPENING NIGHT RECEPTION FOLLOWING SCREENING (details TBA)
- October 7: Flesh (1968, Paul Morrissey)
- October 14: 1 Harlem-Berlin (1976, Lothar Lambert)
- October 21: The Practice of Love (1984, VALLIE EXPORT)
- October 28: Seduction: The Cruel Woman (1985, Monika Treut, Elfi Mikesch)
- November 4: Willow Springs (1971) + Aggression (1968, Werner Schroeter)
- November 18: Born in Flames (1983, Lizzie Borden)
- December 2: Cherry, Harry & Raquel! (1971, Russ Meyer)
*There will be no screenings on November 11 (Veteran's Day) and November 25 (Thanksgiving Eve)
These screenings are free and open to the public.
Parking available at the Core West Parking Structure (Permits $3.00)